My Photo
Name:
Location: California, United States

 

Links

Aphrodite In Jeans Website

Atom Site Feed

RSS Site Feed

 

Archives

February 2005 March 2005 April 2005 May 2005 June 2005 July 2005 August 2005 September 2005 October 2005 November 2005 December 2005 January 2006 February 2006 March 2006 April 2006 May 2006 June 2006 July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 February 2007 March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 June 2007 August 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 December 2007 January 2008 February 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 January 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 October 2009 March 2010 November 2010 December 2010 February 2011 March 2011 June 2011 March 2014 April 2014

 

 

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

10 things I've learned so far

1) Daylight is a nice time of the day. 

2) My house is a very peaceful place in the middle of the day.  Peaceful to the point of looking somewhat post-apocalyptic.  The dog looks like road kill, asleep.  The cat is stretched out on the bed, extravagantly relaxed, and asleep.  Occasionally my son comes home from work, watches an episode of something on his computer, and stretches out on the sofa, asleep.  Sometimes even my hard working husband slips home and takes a quick nap between clients.  Who knew???  It's siesta time, and no one sent me the memo... until this week.

3)  Narcotics are good for pain.  They are good for sleeping.  (See #2 above).  They are excellent for feeling very very peaceful. 

4)  Narcotics are not so good for the digestive system.  Narcotics suppress the appetite, and the bowels, and everything in between.

5)  Narcotics are not a good way to come up with creative ideas.  (My brilliant tagline for a constipation remedy came to me in a blinding vision around Day 3:  "Choosing to defeat social candy")  (I know.  WTF.)

6)  There are some good books out there.  Currently in the middle of The Goldfinch, by Donna Tartt.  A long mother, but super good and an excellent way to fade in and out of reality. 

7)  Walking: good.

8)  Eating: good.

9) If you lose a body part to cancer, it's much more healthy to say "I've gained a cancer free body" than "I've lost a body part."

10)  There can actually be a point, or I think I'm seeing that possibility, where one can be awake and not be tired and longing for the next nap.  I think that's called being... relaxed?  rested enough?  Haven't felt this way for a long long time.  I'm exploring the idea and will get back to you on this.

More later.

# posted by Katherine Doughtie Nolan @ 10:26 AM

 

Comments: Post a Comment << Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?