Tuesday, May 08, 2007Life Moves Pretty Fast...![]() No one can accuse me of doing things halfway. For some time now, I've regaled my friends and family with my whining about how I'd love to live in Northern California, how I'd love to change jobs, how I'm living 100 yards from the place I most wanted to see the end of when I graduated high school a million billion years ago. Friends also know that I have the tenacity of a pitbull. If I say I'm going to stick with something, damn it. I stick to it. So when I said I'd stay in one spot long enough to see the kids graduate from high school... boy, I truly meant it. However. Sometimes it really is time to make a change. It started with cleaning the garage. Suddenly I was overwhelmed with all the baggage I'd been carrying around. Since I've more or less completed the project, I've felt so much freer. Able to look around and make some decisions. Able to see what really needs to be done. I had to clear out the baggage all the way down. It was a tough decision. Very tough. But once I got the whisper in my ear that I could no longer continue down the path I'd been slogging down for what seemed forever, I just couldn't ignore it. Sometimes you just have to change paths. So I did it. I pulled the plug on the old and am ringing in the new. This email is the official announcement. And I'm sorry if it comes as a shock to some of you. Some decisions are best left un-discussed. I started on the new project about a week ago. Today I make it public: I'm no longer working on the novel I started in November, but have started reworking an old favorite of mine called Hurts Me Too. You will love it. Oddly enough, it's about a girl who drives to work one day, stops for a croissant, and then decides to sell her house, take her kids out of school and take off for the unplanned untamed unknown. Which I would never do, of course. Being the responsible woman I am. But boy, I sure am up for about 500 pages of fantasizing about it. Oh, and this sign? It showed up on my front lawn today. Freaky, those powers of manifestation. # posted by Katherine Doughtie Nolan @ 8:43 PM Comments: Happy Mothers' Day! Thanks for all the inspiration, funny stories, advice and warmth. # posted by Unknown : 9:39 AM Post a Comment << Home
|

