My Photo
Name:
Location: California, United States

 

Links

Aphrodite In Jeans Website

Atom Site Feed

RSS Site Feed

 

Archives

February 2005 March 2005 April 2005 May 2005 June 2005 July 2005 August 2005 September 2005 October 2005 November 2005 December 2005 January 2006 February 2006 March 2006 April 2006 May 2006 June 2006 July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 February 2007 March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 June 2007 August 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 December 2007 January 2008 February 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 January 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 October 2009 March 2010 November 2010 December 2010 February 2011 March 2011 June 2011 March 2014 April 2014

 

 

Friday, December 16, 2005

Aphrodite in Tears

I took off that super hostile blog from the other day. It served its purpose: short term alleviation of my super pissed-offness. But it doesn't serve a long term purpose. This is not how I want to be known. Nor is it a landscape I wish to spend much time tending and tilling.

The State Board of Equalization sent me my reseller's license the day after I wrote that blog. I was looking through the pile of papers and forms when I realized: they were calling my new business "Aphrodite in Tears Enterprises."

Oh.

That's so sad. And so good. And so annoying (more phone calls).

Mostly sad.

So Aphrodite in a Towering Rage has morphed into Aphrodite in Tears.

Of course I will make the requisite phone calls. But in the meantime I'm thinking about how underlying all rage is usually a big reservoir of tears waiting to be shed.

Duly noted.

Sometimes enlightenment comes from the strangest sources.

# posted by Katherine Doughtie Nolan @ 6:57 AM

 

Comments: Post a Comment << Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?