My Photo
Name:
Location: California, United States

 

Links

Aphrodite In Jeans Website

Atom Site Feed

RSS Site Feed

 

Archives

February 2005 March 2005 April 2005 May 2005 June 2005 July 2005 August 2005 September 2005 October 2005 November 2005 December 2005 January 2006 February 2006 March 2006 April 2006 May 2006 June 2006 July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 February 2007 March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 June 2007 August 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 December 2007 January 2008 February 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 January 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 October 2009 March 2010 November 2010 December 2010 February 2011 March 2011 June 2011 March 2014 April 2014

 

 

Friday, February 11, 2005

Internals vs. Externals

We've been batting around a bunch of ideas for marketing Aphrodite in Jeans. One idea that we came up with was a butt contest. People submit their pix and we have a contest. For some reason, that didn't sit right with me. I woke up one day and realized why...

AIJ is about waking up one day knowing you've got da Power, feeling the blood coursing through your veins, learning to strut your stuff (if you never knew) or remembering how (if you've forgotten.) It is all in the head. It may or may not - and the key here is that, seriously, it may NOT - exist in reality.

Personally, I am almost dysfunctional when it comes to the external stuff. I just simply am not interested in any of the stuff that people put on or take off to look like they've got All That as they move through life. (I did have a dream about myself in a pretty hot little thong, though, last night... I have to confess. It looked good. And now I'm cursing the fact that I am running too late to go to the gym this morning!)

My battle cry is to women to tell them that if they think they have to have the externals, or if they're waiting to have the externals, or if they dismiss themselves and keep themselves under a rock because they do NOT have the externals -- they are WRONG. They are wrong and that has to change.

IT
IS
NOT
ABOUT
THE
EXTERNALS.

It's about what's going on upstairs and in the heart.

The book is about having a walk and talk and thought that knows you're hot and you can do it. It totally doesn't mean you LOOK like Jennifer Garner. You just FEEL like Jennifer Garner. So bringing it out into externals is antithetical to what I'm talking about.

So that's my problem with the butt contest. It goes against one of my rallying cries. YES having a good butt is GREAT. YES we all want one - even me the warrior princess with the battle cry - I'd LOVE a great 501 ass. And I actually work hard to try to achieve one.

BUT (and notice here how close a Butt is to an excuse...!?) it's not the point. And people who are waiting to live until their butt is better are missing out completely.

# posted by Katherine Doughtie Nolan @ 7:33 AM

 

Comments: Post a Comment << Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?