My Photo
Name:
Location: California, United States

 

Links

Aphrodite In Jeans Website

Atom Site Feed

RSS Site Feed

 

Archives

February 2005 March 2005 April 2005 May 2005 June 2005 July 2005 August 2005 September 2005 October 2005 November 2005 December 2005 January 2006 February 2006 March 2006 April 2006 May 2006 June 2006 July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 February 2007 March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 June 2007 August 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 December 2007 January 2008 February 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 January 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 October 2009 March 2010 November 2010 December 2010 February 2011 March 2011 June 2011 March 2014 April 2014

 

 

Thursday, February 17, 2005

Ebbs and Flows

I don't know what's going on.

So far, this has been a year for crying, cancer, tsunamis, floods. Extreme water. Flow and growth taken to detrimental, angry, antagonistic extremes.

I don't know what it all means. I was greeting this year with open arms, feeling the promise of huge wonderful things to come. And while I'm not doubting those things, I'm also noticing that there are these huge swings back and forth. Water issues mainly. Water and flow. Don't know what it's about, but it's big and scary.

I'm sorry I can't tell you one thing that makes it all OK. Except... it's all OK. It is. Somewhere. It's part of the dance. Part of the ebb.

The image I keep having is one of the waves being pulled far far far out to sea. Dead fish flopping in the sand. It feels like such a time of withdrawal and retreat. The key, as I've been telling myself, is to prepare for the inevitable inflow. To find high ground, to build sound structures, and to harness the incoming power with as much consciousness and grace as possible. Coming up we'll either get the ride of our lives, or get totally anhiliated by the force of the reversal.

Right now it's gasping fish. Soon it will be abundance so vast and powerful that we could be equally dumbfounded, if we're not ready.

# posted by Katherine Doughtie Nolan @ 2:38 PM

 

Comments: Post a Comment << Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?